Preferred Powered Audio Package
Our Preferred Powered Package is a minimal system with maximum sound; comprised of carefully selected and award winning components.
Less is more. The Preferred Powered package is our mid-tier powered audio package; KEF’S LSX Wireless speakers bring convenience, flexibility, and high-resolution sound, with an array of streaming options. The compact Pro-Ject phono pre-amp offers superior channel separation, and the Pro-Ject X1 turntable is the modern iteration of a cult-classic, the Pro-Ject 1.
Speakers: KEF LSX
Why we chose it: Simply put, the KEF LSX speakers offer truly excellent sound in a small and efficient package. Add in the convenience and connectivity of wireless streaming, and these speakers are a no-brainer; the emotion and detail of a true high-resolution stereo system, all in a compact footprint designed to fit almost anywhere.
Turntable: Pro-Ject X1 Turntable
Why we chose it: X1 is the 7th Generation of the hi-fi classic Pro-Ject 1, first presented in 1991, that put Pro-Ject on the map. This newest iteration features a completely reengineered carbon fiber / aluminum tone-arm with a resonance damping counterweight for lightning quick dynamics and resistance to external interference. The new 1.5kg non-resonant acrylic platter features an all new sub-platter drive system with stainless steel bearing, soft brass bushing, and Teflon mirrors for perfectly smooth rotation. As a special feature, this turntable comes with the lauded Sumkio Olympia cartridge Factory-Installed.
Phono Pre-amp: Pro-ject Phono Box S2
Why we chose it: Having a discrete phono pre-amplifier allows you to get the most out of you vinyl and Pro-Ject’s Phono Box S2 does just that with a host of audiophile features rarely seen at this price point. With adjustable gain, impedance and capacitance you can fine tune the loading of any cartridge for optimal sound. Furthermore, the Phono Box s2 employs a dual-mono design for superior channel separation to give your records a level of depth you’ve never experienced before. When it comes to Phono pre-amplifiers there isn’t a better value or match for this system.
- frequency response 54-28,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- bi-amped design with separate Class D woofer (70 Watts) and tweeter (30 Watts) amplifiers for greater headroom and lower distortion
- Uni-Q Driver Array technology makes your entire room sound like the "sweet spot"
- 4 1/2" magnesium/aluminum alloy woofer
- 3/4" vented aluminum dome tweeter
- Trueplay™ software dynamically tunes the speaker to the unique acoustics of the room. iOS device required
- remote included
- peak SPL: 102 dB
- precise digital signal processing controls allow optimal room integration
- free downloadable app lets you make pinpoint EQ adjustments with your Apple® or Android™ device
- bass-reflex cabinet with rear port for accurate, musical bass
- elegant curved front baffle
Wireless streaming features:
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth® 4.2 with aptX® for high-quality audio streaming performance
- Apple AirPlay 2 and Google Chromecast built-in
- Roon ready
- plays music from DLNA devices on your network
Connections (located on back of right-hand speaker):
- HDMI ARC input for connecting to a compatible TV (up to 16-bit/48kHz resolution)
- Toslink digital optical input (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- USB Type-C (up to 24-bit/96kHz)
- 3.5mm aux input
- 10/100 Mbps RJ-45 Ethernet input for network connection (up to 24-bit/384kHz)
- RJ-45 port on each speaker for connecting the pair
- mono RCA subwoofer output
- detachable power cord
Dimensions and warranty:
- 6-1/8"W x 9-1/2"H x 7-1/8"D
- weight: 7.7 lbs. (left speaker), 7.9 lbs. (right speaker)
- warranty: 1 year